Are you a "morning person"?
1. EATING BREAKFAST WILL MAKE YOU SMARTER
Well, at least it will make you SEEM smarter because eating breakfast WILL help improve your short term memory, simple math skills and boost your ability to concentrate throughout the day.
2. SKIPPING BREAKFAST CAN TRIGGER ANXIETY ATTACKS
Eating breakfast containing a little protein will help keep blood sugar steady instead of plunging by midday. A steady blood sugar means being less prone to the symptoms of a sugar/insulin imbalance that can trigger anxiety attacks.
3. BREAKFAST SETS THE TONE FOR THE DAY
When you start the day with a positive, mindful and healthy action, it's like drawing a mental roadmap for the direction you want to travel the rest of the day.
4. SKIPPING BREAKFAST CAN MAKE YOU FAT
In a year-long study, with 5000 male and female participants ranging in age from 20 to 70, "skipping breakfast was associated with a significantly higher risk of obesity". Several other studies have shown similar findings. There has long been a theory that habitually skipping breakfast leads to lower metabolism but recent studies have cast doubt on that. So, while the jury is still out on exactly why, regular breakfast eaters do tend to weigh less than the breakfast skippers.
5. EATING BREAKFAST CAN HELP YOU STICK TO YOUR DIET PLAN
Part of the puzzle as to why breakfast skippers tend to weight more might be as simple as overeating the rest of the day. We may think we are winning the diet war by eliminating breakfast, but the reality is that people who don't eat breakfast often simply end up eating MORE calories to make up for it. Conversely, people who eat a small, nutrient and fiber dense breakfast are more likely to take in fewer calories in subsequent meals because they are not as hungry as their breakfast skipping friends.
6. SKIPPING BREAKFAST TURNS YOU INTO A CRANKY TODDLER
"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day" source: Every mother, everywhere!
Just because it's good for you does not mean it has to taste like soggy sawdust! Check out the Breakfast Section of the Healthy Recipes Collection for some new ideas. These wonderful recipes were created by an assortment of truly fabulous food writers - the meals are as nutritious as they are delicious!
More in Healthy Eating
- 6 Reasons NOT to Skip Breakfast
- Chronic Stress Diet | EAT MORE, STRESS LESS
- Is Chocolate Really Good for You?
- Southern Cooking – Just Plain Healthy
- Emotional Eating-The Brain/Mood/Food Connection
- CALORIES IN/CALORIES OUT
- 4 daily fruits for weight loss
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- How to Make Refrigerator Tea
- 4 Tasty Ways to Use Apple Cider Vinegar